A Letter From Dr. Robert Waheed
Dear Dental Family,
I am hoping and praying that you and your family are doing well during this time. I have been constantly thinking of you and hoping all is well. Our community has gone through a lot over the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed, our commitment to you, your health and safety has never wavered. As Governor Abbott has now allowed us to resume taking care of our patients starting May 4th, I want you to know we are ready and prepared to take care of you in the same caring and professional manner that you are used to.
Infection control has been a primary focus of our practice, as evidenced by our new sterilization center that we installed last year. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We follow infection control recommendations of the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow these agencies for any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and our staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some questions. You will be asked those questions again when you are in the office. Patients and staff will have temperatures taken upon arrival to the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find hand sanitizer available for your use in many areas throughout our office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might force us to change certain pre-appointed treatment times, so please bear with us in this regard.
- We are working on creating a phone and text system to allow you to inform us when you arrive in the parking lot, and then for us to inform you when it is the ideal time for you to come into the office, thereby avoiding any undue wait time while here.
We are really looking forward to seeing you again and taking care of you. If you have had an appointment that was scheduled during our closure, we will contact you to reschedule or you can call us at your convenience to reappoint. Our office number is (713) 622-0123. If I can please ask your patience with us with regard to all of these changes as we work to maximize our efficiency and serve you better.
In closing, we are so thankful to have you as our patient. It is truly our pleasure to serve you. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
All the best,
Rob Waheed, D.D.S., Andres Ramirez, D.D.S., and our wonderful staff
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: View CDC Guidelines
- Symptoms: View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick: View the Steps