First Hygiene Visit
Our hygienists will make you feel as comfortable as can be while you are sitting in one of our message equipped dental chairs (YES!! That’s a real thing!) Just relax as they take your blood pressure and go over your medical and dental history. If needed, they will take a full mouth series of x-rays, and then do a complete periodontal charting before your cleaning. After your cleaning the hygienist will go over your at home oral hygiene routine, and then one of our doctors will do a complete dental exam.
First Regular Visit
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, treatment can be done the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please click on the links below to print and fill out the paperwork to bring to your first visit:
- Click here for Health History Form (if applicable, also bring a copy of the list your medications)
- Click here for the Privacy Form
- Your referral slip and any X-rays if applicable
- If you have a list of medications you are presently taking please bring us a copy
- If you have dental insurance please call us with your insurance information so we can verify insurance coverage prior to your appointment. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) or require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e. antibiotics, for pre-med.)
If your previous dentist has taken recent x-rays (within 6-months), you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.